Monday, December 08, 2008

chocolate jimmies and red hots.

Today was eaten up with last minute touches concerning my Christmas:

It's all about the details.
This year I am extra pleased with my fireplace garland, it's sturdy boughs have become home to four new vibrant feathered friends.
After school, the first round of Christmas cookies for the season made their way out of our oven.
But, I had to have an excuse to use my new:
In hot pursuit for these little gems sent me to a fabulous new cake decorating shop that I had no idea existed. Forget paying $12 in the grocery store-- I scored these for a record $3. (Thank you Sarah the Duchess.) .
Here, Ben shows off his:
And, since I had chocolate jimmies, I decided to make an Emily original. Here she is:


I think she's sweet.
.
Well, she ought to be-- since the new motto in our house is:

That is oh so very tongue in cheek-- but that cookie looks pretty perfect to me.
Tomorrow-- darlings, I will tell you the shenanagans concerning Jeff and the Trump airplane. Chaos!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what cake shop did you go to? There are two that are not too far away - Cakes Amore in Plano (75 & Spring Creek), then there's Cake Carousel in Richardson (75 & Arapaho). You know I do cakes, right? You coulda asked me!! :)

Kelly said...

Love your decor, Emily!
I'm making homemade marshmallows with Lily tomorrow and will post on my recipe blog.
Seeing your boys decorating their cookies reminded me of mine and Lily's kitchen date!
Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas.

Emily S. said...

made my first batch of christmas fudge ever today...And it was successful and yummy!! So after seeing your post, it might be time for the cookie round.

:)

Beth said...

So fun! I need to start baking! Just cause!

Emily said...

Super cute mantle decor. Would love to see more! Those cookies look yummy. Wish I had some right about now.

Amanda said...

I was born in Texas and live in Texas once again, and I have to say that I HATE Whataburger. I think that guy told you a tall Texas tale. Glad your arteries survived the onslaught, cause I sure love your blog.

Tamie said...

i've been itching to start in on my holiday baking. mine is mostly candy and goodies that we only make this time of year (including my mother in-laws very yummy caramleo fudge!)

Susie said...

Cute!! All around cute:-)

hope said...

Phew! Caught up again. I feel like I haven't been blogging in years!!

Love the gingerbread men!! But te Whattaburger thing is so funny! I loved that place while we lived there. Yes, monster burgers. Those are definitely shared by my and huby!! Fried Pumpkin Pie... I would be questioning that as well.

Heather said...

Emily, I need your address to send a card redshoes595@hotmail.com

Hanah said...

I had to laugh at your Tammy Fae cookie, it really does look like her. :D But atleast she's very sweet too! :D I can't wait to hear the story about Trump's plane. Blake used to see it almost daily. :) He even had a hilarious dream about it one time. :D I love your decorations, and am a little envious that your gingerbread cookies came out soo awesome!! What's your secret? :)

Kellie H said...

oh that cookie is too much! Love Tammy's eyelashes I have to finish putting up Christmas, birthdya party, see santa, & make {ie decorate} a gingerbread house this weekend..but alas it won't be homemade. Where do you find the time girl?

Elena said...

I dare say I saw a pretty little birdie just like that at Target today. You are the Target Queen!

hoLLy said...

what shop did you go to for the silver balls?