folks dressed up like eskimos.
The boys were ecstatic when we got the "school's cancelled" call this morning. They were begging that they go right outside, pronto!
They were insistent on playing in it-- even though the "it" was freezing rain, and not really snow.
But, they didn't care, it was white and cold!
They didn't seem to mind, even through they were sporting:
But, they didn't care, it was white and cold!
They didn't seem to mind, even through they were sporting:
2. to build a snowman.
3. to eat snow.
To accomplish any of the three, first they had to:
To accomplish any of the three, first they had to:
It was a short romp outside, but still ending in the same manner as most: hot cocoa!
Sadly, they were back inside in about:
Due to the cold knees factor.
-and- that a small chunk of ice had made it's way down Ben's jacket and to his warm belly during their "snowball fight". I didn't want to wake the neighbors with his wailing!
-and- that a small chunk of ice had made it's way down Ben's jacket and to his warm belly during their "snowball fight". I didn't want to wake the neighbors with his wailing!










26 comments:
I stumbled upon your blog from "The secret is in the Sauce". I was looking at your play dough cookie recipe...I am so excited to try it! I love your blog layout...I am new to blogging so any helpful hints would be great! Enjoy this holiday season!
Oh man! We need to move south. We got another two inches, on top of the other stuff that hadn't even melted off the streets completely, and we still had to send the kids in it.
I love that your boys went out in shorts with coats and boot. Funny.
I am laughing so hard at thier bare legs with boots on. Too funny. Mine did the same thing. Logan went out without socks on and his boots were not laced, and we have about 9 inches of snow. I didn't know this, and all the sudden he's at the front door in tears. His feet were RED!!! Some hot chocolate and the fire helped though! Enjoy your ice!!!
boys! i think that is enough of an explanation, eh?
and cold, HA! i laugh at your COLD! :)
we sit right at 0 or there abouts for much of the day right now...and the rest of the week is not looking much better...however, i do know how dangerous an ice storm can be so i won't scoff at the reason that school was canceled. :)
I bet you made those pajama shorts!
Are you saying, "Ummmm....no." in your mind? Okay, so maybe you didn't.
I think you could if you wanted to though....it's such an Emily thing to do, especially now that every scarf I see, I think, "I wonder if Emily could make that?"
Too funny!!
Oh my goodness! What IS IT with boys not caring if they are cold!!?? You guys must have gotten all the ice. They were calling for us to get some Tues-Thursday...we got a little...but not as much as it looks like you guys got and certainly not enough to close schools :( Good luck with that snowman!
I read that school was cancelled on your Facebook status!
It is 14 degrees here today (at noon), with a 7 degree wind chill. All our pretty snow is now dehydrated ice powder. It's suppose to drop to minus 2 tonight. But they NEVER cancel school :P!
Enjoy your snow day Josh and Ben!!!!
(and I LOVE your Christmas playlist, btw--leave it on just to play now and then!)
The pajama shorts are killin me! Too funny.
I love that they took the time to don boots and coats, but not pants! And that you took pictures of it instead of insisting they put on pants.
How hilarious! We got lots of that cold, and some of the ice, but school was in session! Love the pj shorts and boots - way funny!
Haha! It doesn't look like they had much 'snow' to accomplish their goals!!
Who woulda thought you'd have a snow day before us?!!?
look at those legs! what a cute post, have fun playing in the snow/ice...
Lanny;)
I love the cold, knobby knees! Brrr! Hey, from your last comment on my blog, I am wondering if you are coming to AZ for christmas?? If you are, you had BETTER call us and we can do lunch or even dinner sometime!! You're in trouble if you don't!!
that's how it always is....10 minutes of prep for 2 minutes of playtime in the snow!
we got a bunch of snow today. my husband and kids are still shoveling and it's after 8:00 pm!
hope you stay warm!
Oh Emily...if your grandma was still alive she would have a total fit over those bare legs out in the cold air!! Can you see her saying she "didn't sleep at all for thinking about it"?
My boys were also thrilled by the ice day off from school yesterday. They wishes it was snow, but ice was close enough for now. We built a fire and finally decorated our Christmas tree!!
Hah, Emily, they are just the coolest kids ever!!!!!!!
My kids were doing the exact same thing! They're so crazy. I wasn't about to go out.
I never have liked going out into the cold... and could never do that in shorts like the brave little men you have there. When I was little, I can remember back to a few New Mexico snows (this is before I started going to school) and my hands would just get so cold... I could barely move them. I just couldn't understand how all the big kids could keep making and throwing snowballs or continue building a snowman... which I hate to confess now... I totally destroyed when my brothers went off to school. Then the sun came out and thankfully hid the evidence.
Too funny, invite the kiddos up to Minnesota and see how they like it!
Great photos, Sitsa~
Hi from Utah! I love your blog! It's so cute! I am visiting from SITS and will definitely come back!
that is great, snow day in shorts!! Congrats on the SITS mention.
So funny! And real! Reminds me of 'the good old days'
Your blog rocks girl! Congrats on being featured blog of the day:)
I came by way of SITS and couldn't figure out how to comment on the Spiderman blog :-)
I learned something new - my husband is an Irish Twin! I had never heard of that before.
Wonderful blog!
~Maven from A Fabulously Good Life
Post a Comment