It's cold here.
Like, arctic cold.
If you throw a little of the humid air into a racing windy 24 degree day, it hits you down to the bone.
.
.
I know some of you think that Texas is like the surface of the sun-- but we do get quite chilly.
I about froze the tips of my toes and my nose off picking up Josh from school.
And then there was the line at the post office, don't even get me started.
It's been a busy day. (Hence the picture from my last post.)
But, I knew you would understand!









11 comments:
Do you have 7 inches of snow? I'm still having withdrawals from our never-ending-snowy winter last year. Maybe I don't appreciate the greatest snow on earth because I'm not a skiier, or boarder, or even a sledder anymore.
I sent my girls to walk to school today and my thermometer said 0. Snowpants, scarves, gloves, hats the whole works. I'm with Aubrey, I'm having a tough time accepting all this snow and cold that seems like just barely left. And I have been cold in Texas and you're right, that humidity goes right to the bone. Brrrr....
Ha ha ha!
It's been in the minus degrees here with a windchill into the minus teens and twenties! BRRRRRR!!!! (makes me wish to move to Hawaii or something). :)
I get the busy day! My blog has suffered recently as I try to get Christmas all together.
lol....good to know that Texas does get cold. You're so funny,
"don't even get me started".
lol...
I am feelin it here too! It was 12 degrees yesterday with gusts of wind up to 45 mph....WHOA! Cut you to the bone is right!
Brrr! It seems that way too, here! I think we MIGHT have a WHITE CHRISTMAS! here's to hoping!
I'm not ready for the cold. I was enjoying the 70 degree weather we had on Sunday. I'm not a big fan of winter. :)
I rarely go to the McKinney Post Office because of the lines. I can't believe there is only ONE post office in this town. It boggles my mind.
We have a mailbox/mail store near us that I take all my stuff too. They're pretty good.
Speaking of cold... a white Christmas might be in the forecast so we may have snow to play in right around Christmas. The boys might appreciate that but if the weather is bad when you arrive in Phoenix, I can come to the airport so you don't have to drive up all alone on ice covered roads. I may not like playing in the cold snow, but driving icy roads has always been kind of fun (for me). We can figure it out as we go.
omg, I live in Alaska and when my mom(Who lives in TX) told me that it was cold down there to start a fire I asked her what the temp was. She said it was 40.
I said, "Mom, let it get down to -5 and we'll talk"
I can't wait to get down there next year!
Post a Comment