Sunday, December 14, 2008

christmas cards and blackjack.


Yesterday was the perfect day to take a family photo!

Lots of thanks go to my friend Laura for letting us use her photography skillz and high-tech camera to capture the annual Christmas card photo!





And, what happens when you schedule a photo day?

Something always happens.

Josh's tooth decided to jump ship that morning, leaving him minus one tooth in his wide and friendly grin!That's growing up for you. (cute?! They really do love each other.)

I laughed when I saw this picture-- a little too PG-13 for the Christmas card, but I love it so. I told Jeff to kiss me, and this is what happened!

But then, he did.

Later that evening, we dressed to impress and headed out for a night on the town.
Jeff's company had their annual Christmas party at a fancy hotel downtown, with caterers-- and beef medallions-- chicken satay skewers-- Bre cheese-- and other things you only eat at parties. I had never had a beef medallion.

.

Right before I went to get the babysitter, we:

He likes to capture large areas of ceiling in his shots.

Either that, or he decapitates you.

And again, more ceiling space.

Eventually, we made it and had our beef medallions. (not bad!)
The company gave us each $5000 play money and set us loose in the casino they had set up in the ballroom for:

And, yes it was fun! It felt a bit naughty too, as I tossed my $1000 chips onto the board for a bet.
At the end, I bet it all and lost. Oh well, easy come-- easy go.

At least I learned that:

Jeff was up by $7000 at one point, but in the end, we both left the table with $4000 total. Enough to buy 4 raffle tickets.

Needless to say, we didn't win anything-- our luck was dry that night.
But-- I did have a bunch of:

Which was my favorite part. We purposely sat next to the dance floor so we could see the weirdo's boogie after a few drinks.
We were not disappointed.


My Dr.Pepper left me quite wild for the evening. See, who needs alcohol anyway. We chair danced to "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" and called it an evening.
.

We also had Adrienne take a proper picture while we were all:

Two parties and two photo shoots in two days leaves me feeling a bit like Paris Hilton.

34 comments:

Cindy said...

The picture of you 2 attemtping to kiss is just too cute! And the formal dress is beautiful!

-Laura- said...

Your party looks so fun!

I loved those kissing pictures, too too cute! And I was dying to turn them black and white too, but knew I should save the editing for you. Your welcome to photo shoots anytime. I learned a lot from my first attempt. And what a cute family to practice on!

Carrie said...

I love the picture right before the kiss. It's so natural and sweet. You should frame it

Emily S. said...

well, you LOOK like Paris Hilton, minus all the lame stuff!! Ha! Seriously, what a fun day! Family time, then hubby time.... cute in white and denim, then gorgeous in ballroom attire?? Perfect.

:) And I'd be high on caffeine and laughing at the drinkers, too.... tee-hee!

Ashley said...

you two look fab.u.lous~!

Tamie said...

fancy-shmancy! wousers!
the family pic turned out so very cute....you are sooooo one-up on us in that depo. we have YET to take one (the one on the wall is about a year and a half old--yikes!)
part-ay....the alcohol was one reason why B and I foregoed on a party this past Friday...but you definitely got the good food out of the deal :)
kids and cameras...ah--at least they are learning young! :)

hoLLy said...

i love your pics! our family pics look similar actually!(outdoorsy with blue jeans and white tops:)

and i love your fancy clothes for your fancy party! you guys are one handsome couple:) glad you had one suh-weet time!

Beth said...

I am so jealous. Seriously. So much fun in those photos! So much love and happiness! I love it!!

Thanks for sharing all of your joys!

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous family! Gorgeous pictures! =)

Melody said...

Such fun pictures! You look great!

Susie said...

How fun!! You guys look great!!

Trish said...

Every picture is a masterpiece... even the out of focus and ceiling shots. Those are the kinds my kids take, most of the time, too. :) Oh... you are far too happy-looking to be Paris Hilton!!

Jennifer P. said...

i loved the kissy photo! Y'all's heads kind of form a heart ;)!

And your formal dress was just gorgeous!--I love all the shine!

I would die to see a video of the chair dancing :)....

every simple day said...

what a super-fun weekend!

Great pics (love the ceiling space, very artistic perspective).

I borrowed your popcorn idea for my boy's teachers. So clever!

Tara Bennett said...

"That's hot."

By that, I mean the fab teal shirt you're wearing!

the duchess said...

You and the fam look fab as always, but where's the drunk woman with her dress over her head? C'mon, E! I know you had your camera ready for such a moment. ;o)

Anonymous said...

What are you talking about... Josh takes great age appropriate photos. Ha! Your family photos are so cute and that closeup of the boys is fantastic.

Anonymous said...

Love. the. dress. It's very pretty!
My favorite picture is the very first one - it speaks volumes!! So sweet how you're holding his hand - he's SO serious ;)

Anonymous said...

That kiss photo is great!

Brian and Staci said...

BEATIFUL DRESS!!! What a fun night! Love the family pics too. Such a cute little family :)

Ashley said...

I love all the photos!!! The family pics are too cute and you two all dolled up for the night are great, too!! It looks like you both had a great time!

Miki said...

$5000.00...dollars!!! OOOooooohhh, that would be so fun! A chance to dress up twice in one day is so fun too. What a great evening.

hope said...

Had I known kissing my spouse was PG-13 I wouldn't have put it up on my blog. However, it is staying up until our celebration of 10 years is over, at least. I can't get over how much time has passed... anyways, you look sensational i your dress!!! Wow!

Jenni said...

all your pictures look lovely. Even the ceiling ones. I never could coordinate a family photo and ended up finding a group pic taken at the pumpkin patch and slapped it on a Costco Christas card. Oh well. I can only aspire to being as organized as you are.

Liz said...

I know Adrienne and would love to get in contact with her. I think that I read that she doesn't blog but if you could send her my link or my e-mail: edavis2336@comcast.net. We were teenagers together in South Jordan, UT.

Hanah said...

What A FUN DAY!! and NIGHT!! Emily you are one HOT MAMA!! You both look so handsome/beautiful!! I just love your dress, you definitely pulled off the Modest is Hottest motto!! STUNNINGLY GORGEOUS!! :D

Anonymous said...

What great photos Emily!! You look absolutely stunning and model-like, especially in that gorgeous outfit of yours....so beautiful.
What wonderful photos to cherish as the years go by.

Rhea said...

woohoo! Look at you all dressed up and beautiful! Love it. Looked like fun.

Rhea said...

and I love the family photos.

Live.Love.Eat said...

Wow, all the pictures were beautiful. Sweet fam photos with all white shirts, the boys look so cute together and you two looked beautiful for a fancy night out!!!!

angela | the painted house said...

You and hubby look ravishing!

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful!

Jenna Cox said...

you are too cute for words and i am SO GLAD that i found your blog. I LOVE IT! :) thanks you SITS!

Esther said...

I finally get a chance to compare your hubby to Spiderman. Yes, I can see the resemblance.

PS. I love your blog and the way you set it out.