Friday, December 12, 2008

I have not sat down in 4 days.

I feel like I am on fast forward.
Today, among other things-- I had to come up with dessert for our church Christmas party. I decided to make:

I mean, we're in Texas Y'all.
They were fun to make, and even though they were a bit hokey-- I thought they were cheerful.
.
Now, this party we went to,
it was just plain fancy!
It was one of the fanciest parties I have ever been to!
There were yards and yards of flowing fabrics, gathered in the middle of the ceiling which cascaded down to the wall. There were large glass vase centerpieces and real china. My only complaint was trying to keep an eye on my boys and their haphazard drinking--

The food and the music was extra fancy too--- but my boys preferred to play shadow puppets:

We put on a whole show by one of the lights that was behind one of the many panels of fabric.
.
And of course, the coveted visit with:

Can you tell that Benny just feels a little bit anxious.

22 comments:

Beth said...

This first thing I thought when I read the first caption and saw the first picture was, "Of course you did!"

Good grief woman, do you EVER NOT do anything awesome??

Emily S. said...

my gosh, your boys look so HANDSOME! And... kinda corporate. Haha!!

Love the gingerbread cowboys. PERFECT.

Elena said...

SO adorable in their little suits! Love it. AndI think your cowboys were pretty darn cute too!

Jamy said...

SHEESH! I sure am jelous of your ward Christmas party! We have a breakfast (including burned bacon, soggy eggs, and pancakes!). hahaha... Better than nothing but I wish I could attend such a formal gathering! Your boys look so great in their suits. What size is Ben and where on earth did you find a suit to fit him so well? I'd love to find one for my son. Oh, and where's the gingerbread recipe?! They look wonderful! =)

Meg said...

Those are some handsome boys you have! Love the cookies! I bet they taste as good as they look.

Laura said...

You got a couple of cute cowboys, but you already know that! Adorable cookies too!

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

OOOOooooo! LOve those gingerbread cookies! I'm guessing you didn't have help decorating them?

Your boys are just too cute! And OMG! That must have been one awesome Christmas party! Sadly, we don't even have one to go to this year. :(

Susie said...

What a festive post:-)

Kelly said...

I can relate with the subject of this post. That is me as well! I think your cookies were adorable, and look very yummy!

I have been following your blog for quite some time now, and your stories and blogs are so inspiring to me! Thank you for sharing your creativity!!!

Jennifer said...

Those gingerbread cookies are sweet! =)

ps- I have a blog award for you.

http://whatisshakin.blogspot.com/2008/12/honest-award_13.html

Rhea said...

I LOVE the cowboy and boots cookies. Those are ADORABLE. And your boys look so handsome dressed up. I love those ties especially.

Tamie said...

wow! does your ward do nothing, activity-wise the rest of the year to be able to afford a Christmas shindig like that? that is pretty amazing....and not too practical when it comes to a closed-in room full of hyper kids!
your gingerbread boots and hats were cute :)

v said...

Just 4 days ... ?

Emily said...

I know just how you feel. Fast Forward Mod. Fancy, Smancy church party. I recognize that picture behind Santa. It hangs in our primary room. Super cute cookies.

Jennifer P. said...

PERFECT cookies! How awesome are you!

And wow!--a FANCY ward party that kids are still invited to?! I would have been both lovin' and hatin' on that one :)!

Hanah said...

Those cookies are sooo awesome!! I love them, and think they are just darlin' (said with complete Texan accent.) :D You sure have an awesome ward!! I love the pictures of you cooking in the kitchen as a little girl, how fun!! So cute!!

hoLLy said...

those cookies are so darn cute! and i heard about your party and all the fancy china and decor. it sounded fabulous!

mamapickle said...

Wow your ward really does it up! I would have been very weary of the china my kids woudl have been breaking. and I love how you did th cookies. Perfect for a TX christmas :)

Miki said...

Those cookies are just beautiful. Can you be my Primary Leader? How wonderful.

Jenni said...

You must have had a bigger budget for your church christmas party than we had. It looks fun though. I love a good fancy Christmas party. . .and Santa is a must!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! (And the fact that your boy's name is Benny too). And I love how your boys' shirts are untucked a little after the sparkling cider picture - too cute!

Unknown said...

Josh and Ben look so cute in their suits!